This is my version of copying Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana soup. Hope ya love it! Let me say I’m not a huge fan of long “blah blah” text before a recipe. But, I must tell you this Tuscan sausage kale soup is absolutely FANTASTIC! It’s easy. It’s low in Weight Watcher points (low cal) and it’s fast to make. I promise you won’t regret making this Tuscan sausage kale soup by any means.
Ingredients for my easy Tuscan sausage kale soup:
• 1 pound ground turkey Italian sausage (I like the Honeysuckle Lean sausage for my Tuscan sausage kale soup)
• 1 onion, diced finely
• 4 potatoes, chopped rustically
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 4 cups water
• 3 tbsp Better Than Bouillon
• 1 cup half and half
• 4 cups kale chopped into bite-sized pieces, washed.
• Parmesan cheese to garnish
• Sale and pepper taste
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY LOW CALORIE ZUPPA TOSCANA (Tuscan sausage kale soup):
1. In 5-6 quart dutch oven or pot, brown the turkey sausage and chop with a spatula as it browns. Add in your onion and cook until onions are soft, but not mushy. Add garlic and cook about 3 minutes stirring as it cooks. Don’t allow garlic to burn.
2. Add your potatoes.
3. Add garlic powder, basil and oregano and cook for about 2 minutes or so.
4. Boil water. Stir in the Better than Bouillon until dissolved.
5. Add in the liquor to the pot scraping the bits from the bottom as you go.
6. Stir and allow soup to boil.
7. Turn down heat to simmer until potatoes are tender
8. Pour int the half and half. Stir.
9. Add in the chopped kale. Boil about 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
10. Adjust your seasonings fo your liking (salt and pepper)
11. Top with Parmesan cheese.
If you love Olive Garden’s version of this soup, you’ll love mine! Plus, it’s a little lighter. 🙂
Watch me stir my Tuscan sausage kale soup. Don’t ask why I used a fork. Know that I didn’t eat it with one. LOL
Weight Watchers Points for my Tuscan sausage kale soup
The Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscana (Tuscan sausage kale soup) is 8 Weight Watchers Points on the Blue Plan.
My yummy, flavorful Tuscan sausage kale soup is only 3 Weight Watchers Points!!! Don’t ya love me? I know ya do! Guess what! I love ya back!
Be sure to help me spread the word! Pin and share!